Monday, October 6, 2008

More bad news for McCain--and how to turn it around

More state polls show the electoral map definitely leaning Obama's way, says MSNBC's Chuck Todd and co.

Okay--so that makes tomorrow night's second McCain/Obama debate all the more important.
One thing McCain needs to do is to continue to be on the attack, and to draw larger distinctions between he and Sen. Obama. There's a little bit to much me-tooism sneaking into the McCain campaign, it seems to me. See the recent responses to the federal bailout package. Obama wants more regulations--McCain seems to me to be saying, "me too." Obama blames Wall Street--McCain too often is saying "me too."

McCain needs to draw big distinctions with Obama on the war on terror, on energy policy, on spending, on taxes. And hey, what about immigration??? McCain says he wants to secure the border first, so talk about that and challenge Obama to spell out how HE would secure the border.

Attack, Sen. McCain, and do so from a conservative point of view.
By the way, Sarah Palin agrees:

"I asked at the end of our conversation whether Palin, fresh off her own debate, had any advice for McCain. “I’m going to tell him the same thing he told me. I talked to him just a few minutes before I walked out there on stage. And he just said: ‘Have fun. Be yourself, and have fun.’ And Senator McCain can do the same.” She paused, and I was about to thank her for the interview, but she had one more thing to say. “Only maybe I’d add just a couple more words, and that would be: ‘Take the gloves off.’ ”