Thursday, October 23, 2008

At the sports desk: college football weekly picks

I didn't do too well on my upset specials last week. Let's try to do better:

WEST VIRGINIA vs Auburn. I like WVU at home. PICK: MOUNTAINEERS.

Alabama vs TENNESSEE. The Vols just can't score. They're rebuilding. PICK: CRIMSON TIDE.

FLORIDA vs Kentucky. Looks like the Gators have righted themselves, judging by their blowout of LSU. PICK: GATORS.

KANSAS vs Texas Tech. Believe it or not, oddsmakers have installed KU as a slight favorite. I don't buy it--I think Tech's combo of a great passing game and run game will help them outscore the Jayhawks, maybe by two touchdowns. UPSET SPECIAL PICK: RED RAIDERS.

LSU vs Georgia. Again, oddsmakers have the Tigers as a slight favorite. But they don't impress me that much, and I see