Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hollywood celebrities doing some good dept

By all accounts, Hollywood celeb Lauren Conrad's TV "reality" show, The Hills, is about as stupid and vacuous as these shows can get. (I've never seen it, but this coming season I may have to watch a couple of episodes, just for laughs).

But today it is reported that Miss Conrad has done a very good thing:

"....Conrad is being hailed by a young leukemia patient for her generosity at the Teen Choice Awards. Conrad met 13-year-old Pat Pedraja at the Do Something Awards the night before Teen Choice when she presented him with a $10,000 check for his work recruiting bone-marrow donors. Conrad surprised Pedraja the next day when she not only dedicated her Teen Choice Award to him, but also gave him her surfboard along with an iPod Touch loaded with all her favorite music. "Lauren didn't have to tell me that I was amazing," Pedraja writes in a post on the Do Something website. "She didn't have to go out of her way to give me a present and she'd have to dedicate her award to me, but SHE DID!" Pedraja went on, "I want to tell everyone that Lauren Conrad is an exceptional person, more than a reality TV star or fashion designer, but a person that I am proud to look up to."

Good for her.