Thursday, August 16, 2007

You can call me Allah, or you can call me the Almighty, or you can call me Ray, or...

Via Powerline: "Catholic churches in the Netherlands should use the name Allah for God to ease tensions between Muslims and Christians, says a Dutch bishop. Tiny Muskens, the bishop of Breda, told the Dutch TV program "Network" Monday night he believes God doesn't mind what he is called, Radio Netherlands Worldwide reported. The Almighty is above such "discussion and bickering," he insisted."

Er--well, in that case, He'd also be far "above" Muslim complaints that everyone should call him Allah. Indeed, He'd be way "above" ridiculous proposals from lowly bishops telling other humans what He should be called.

Instapundit has the best take on this, perhaps: "I SAY CALL HIM "HERMAN," OR I'LL START BLOWING SHIT UP."