Friday, March 28, 2008

More NCAA tourney picks

I only went 2-2 last night. Let's see if I can do better:

Davidson vs Wisconsin--pick: BADGERS. Davidson's had a great run. But Wisconsin is too fundamentally sound, and executes too well, to get tripped up here.

Stanford vs Texas:--pick: LONGHORNS. Don't forget Texas is playing pretty close to home. And as their even battles with a very good Kansas team over this season have shown, they have a lot of talent, too.

Villanova vs Kansas--pick: JAYHAWKS. They're just too good. And by all appearances, playing very well, too.

Michigan State vs Memphis--pick: SPARTANS. My big upset pick of the night. Michigan State can rebound, they have an excellent point guard and scorer in Drew Neitzel, and I am one of those who thinks Memphis' poor free throw shooting is going to come back to bite them. I suspect this will be the night.