Thursday, November 8, 2007

Is Giuliani a conservative dept

So a lot of conservatives say, when it comes to Rudy Giuliani promising to appoint strict constructionist judges or to secure our borders, that they just don't believe him. Rudy had an interesting answer to that in a recent interview with NRO's Byron York:
"I don't understand why," Giuliani told me. "Because look, if I was going to try to fool them, I would just change my positions. I would just fool them, right? I'm not suggesting anybody else has done that. So I think people should have the sense that I'm straight with them. And if they just look at my history and background, who do they think I'm going to appoint? All of my friends, all of the people I've associated with, all the people I respect, the vast majority of them would fall into the category of conservative thinkers, conservative lawyers, and strict constructionist judges."