Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A big endorsement for the Mayor

From the social conservative governor of Texas, Rick Perry: "Perry, who is the first governor currently in office to endorse Giuliani, was asked about supporting a candidate who had views on social issues with which he disagreed:

When I go to buy a pickup truck, if it's got one option on it that I’m either not particularly fond of or not looking for, it doesn't mean I discard that pickup truck. I'm looking at the results. And I think that's what Americans will coalesce to. They'll look to the results. What is the result of his candidacy going to be?When I talk about Rudy Giuliani will put strict constructionists on the Supreme Court, that covers a watershed of issues. It makes me comfortable that we are going to have Supreme Court justices that will look at a host of issues that are important to me as an American, to me as a governor of a large and powerful economic engine in this country, and knowing that, versus the kind of judges that Hillary Clinton will put on that Court, gives me not only great comfort that Rudy Giuliani is the right candidate, but it also kind of fires me up about the kind of work that I'm going to do for him to make sure that he, and that result, is what is at the White House, and not the alternative."

Mayor Giuliani will surely be citing this endorsement in the days and weeks to come.