Saturday, May 31, 2008

Some weekend Clinton cuteness

I could have called it a falsehood alert, but it's the weekend, and I'm feeling charitable.
This is from a recent letter Hillary Clinton sent out to Democratic superdelegates, seeking their support:

"...when the primaries are finished, I expect to lead in the popular vote and in delegates earned through primaries."

Cute. Of course, she "expects" to lead in the popular vote, only because she counts Michigan and Florida, and no neutral, unbiased observers do the same. And note how she ignores the caucus results. What--those weren't held? They don't count towards the nomination?

Note also her blatant appeal for the feminist vote:

"I am in this race for all the women in their nineties who've told me they were born before women could vote, and they want to live to see a woman in the White House. For all the women who are energized for the first time, and voting for the first time. For the little girls - and little boys - whose parents lift them onto their shoulders at our rallies, and whisper in their ears, "See, you can be anything you want to be." As the first woman ever to be in this position, I believe I have a responsibility to them."

She kind of downplayed this appeal for much of this year; only when she's in a tight spot does she resort to playing the feminist card.