Thursday, April 3, 2008

Goodbye to Ramiele Malubay...

...for she was the latest contestant eliminated on this season's edition of "American Idol."
More details here, plus other AI tidbits.
I've been watching the show closely this season. It's addicting.
Again, I think the show does so well for several reasons: viewers can participate in the show by voting for their favorites. And one does get favorites, contestants to root for; it keeps you tuning in each week. The singers perform songs that we all have some familiarity with. I think we enjoy judging each contestant's performance for ourselves, and then seeing how our judgment matches up with that of Randy, Paula, and Simon.

My favorite performer right now is Carly Smithson.
Though I also catch myself rooting for Kristy Lee Cook, who seems like a very nice young lady, with a good voice, but who for some reason gets raked over the coals week after week by vicious blogger Simon-Cowell-wannabees...