Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Outrage of the day

I actually have little use for Barry Bonds, as I've indicated here before. But, still: it seems there's a young woman named Kimberly Bell. For 10 years, she was Barry Bonds girlfriend. They broke up. But she's determined to cash in; she's done a nude pictorial in Playboy, and she's going to tell all about their relationship. And she's proud of it. Quote: "The opportunity was there, and I took it," she told The Associated Press in a phone interview Monday. The photo shoot "was one of the most liberating experiences of my life." Yes--the opportunity to make money by trashing someone else. Yes, "liberating"---I guess cheap money can make one feel liberated. I wonder if she'd be okay with it if someone had the "opportunity" to make money off of the intimate details of her life, and "took it."

"If I had more self-esteem when I was younger," she said, "I wouldn't have been caught up with such a rotten man." If she had more self-esteem, she might not feel the need to do stuff like this. Full details here.